Music This Week May 7th thru May 9th

Hey there,
WOW !!! What an incredible weekend! THANK YOU to everyone who came out and participated in the festival, especially to everyone who donated their time and talent to help us put on the best festival in Athens. Bar none,.Athfest may the twice as long with 10 times the number of bands but 80% of them are not even close to the quality of performers we had on stage. The remaining 20% consists of the bands we had on stage and the ones we asked but couldn’t make it due to scheduling issues. Of the 18 bands that played 15 were a Don’t Miss status in my emails, Of the 3, one was the Battle of the Bands popular vote winner playing their 2nd show ever in front of an audience (technically  I did have them as a don’t miss as I listed the whole Battle as one), the other two haven’t  played any shows  since I started doing this weekly emails.  I think the last time I saw Art Rosenbaum listed as playing was at last year’s AHRF. I think he has played in most if not all of them.
Anyway you should kick yourself for letting any excuse take precedence over attending the Festival. We had a lot of very excellent speakers talking on a number of issues important to everyone and the planet, something else that sets us apart from Athfest. Finally, you missed out on the bonding between everyone at the Festival. That is what I mean when I end my emails with Peace and Love. You need to experience it.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Big C’s Blues Night  No Where Bar 9pm Don’t miss This show wasn’t in Flagpole on line.
 
Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Ike Stubblefield and Friends Hendershot’s Coffee Bar 8pm

Switchfoot w/ The Rocket Summer Georgia Theatre 8pm

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Adam Klein & the Wild Fires Residency Hendershot’s Coffee Bar 8pm

Rachel O’Neal Locos Grill & Pub 6pm

Live Jazz Walker’s Coffee & Pub 9pm

Tonight I’ll be where I’m at every 1st Monday of the month with Big C’s Blues Night
Tues I I’ll finally get to see Ike Stubblefield, I’m jonesing, its been far too long since I heard him as I had to record Betsy Franck’s shows last month and Ike was in New Orleans last week.  Wed  I’ll start with Rachel O’Neal, she was incredible last night with Deja Vu, then I’m recording Kick the Robot for a friend and Jazz night at Walker’s.
I’ll update y’all soon on the rest of the week.
BTW Cosmic Charlie has to replace their touring van and trailer that was destroyed by a tree falling on it. The insurance company screwed them calling it an act of God and didn’t pay. (I think they should take this to court and make the insurance company first prove there is a God before they blame Him/Her)
I hope to see y’all at the shows.
Peace and Love,
Kurt
 

Leave a Reply